General Office Security
For your own internal security and also for the security of the building, it is in your best interest to control the number of keys issued. Only people needing after hour access should be issued a key.
The following is a list of general office security suggestions, which are offered to you as an aid in establishing your internal security procedures:
- Restrict office keys and access cards to those who actually need them.
- Keep complete, up-to-date records of the distribution of all office keys and access cards.
- Have adequate procedures for collecting keys prior to termination of employees.
- Establish a rule that keys and access cards must not be left unattended
- Require that filing cabinet keys be removed from locks and placed in a secure location after opening cabinets.
- Only those with access to tenant services website will be able to request access cards or keys.
- Store keys systematically in a secured wall cabinet of either your own design or from a commercial key control system.