A power outage is not considered a natural disaster. A power outage may be within a single building or citywide. The following are some guidelines that will prepare you for a power outage in the building.
- Keep a flashlight and radio with fresh batteries handy.
- Security should be contacted immediately 312.819.6005.
- Notify the Office of the Building 312.819.6000.
- If possible turn off lights and equipment to prevent surge when the power is turned on.
- Do not use the elevators unless instructed differently by building management.
- If an evacuation becomes necessary, use the stairs.
- While evacuating, travel in pairs or large group. You will be safer is you stay together.
- Emergency lighting will illuminate the stairwell landings.